Updated on 19 October, 2021
If you think that you have mold growing in your home, then it is a wise idea to take the services of mold testing laboratories to confirm or refute your fears. These labs are capable of testing for a range of different types of molds, including the microscopic varieties. These mold spores can cause serious health concerns, and you will need to get the relevant lab report to ascertain what kind of mold you have and to what extent. Mold removal can be very time-consuming and costly; therefore, it is important to know the right way to clean it up.
The presence of mold spores in your home or workplace is not an ordinary situation. In most instances, it is more likely that you will be dealing with respiratory related illnesses and symptoms. To be able to resolve the problem, it is important that you visit the nearest lab to carry out an evaluation and identify the source of the problem. There are many DIY mold test kits available in the market today that can help you do this.
When choosing a mold inspection company or a mold removal express, it is important to ensure that the one you choose has experts who are fully aware of all the necessary protocol and lab procedures. It is also essential to ensure that they are certified and reputable. Once you have found the right lab, your next step should involve an inspection of the premises. In order to achieve this, you must follow the steps outlined below:
- Tape Lander: Before you proceed with the next stage, ensure that the area where you plan to carry out the inspection is well ventilated. You can use a long piece of electric cable to suspend a tape on the outside wall of the room where you intend to carry out the inspection. With the help of the tape, you will be able to clearly identify the different locations where the mold has spread. Once you are done with this, the next thing that you need to do is to secure the top most corner of the room where the mold is believed to be hiding. Once this is done, then you can begin your DIY mold test kits and mold removal process.
- Tape Lift: The next task is to carefully remove and safely contain the area where you think the mold is. This is so because once the tape lift is removed, it becomes very easy for the mold spores to disperse. You can do this by placing plastic sheeting on the affected area and leaving it there for the better part of the day. You will then remove the plastic sheeting when the sun begins to go down. However, take note that you should remove the plastic covering as soon as it starts to fade because this will allow the mold spores to easily disperse.
- Mold Inspector: During the process of DIY at-home mold testing kits and mold removal express, it is important that you get the help of a professional who can tell you if there are really any mold spores present or not. One way to determine this is by using an infrared thermometer which is able to measure the temperature of the room. If the temperature in the area remains constant, then there might be a slight presence of mold spores but if it suddenly rises or falls, then you can safely assume that the spores are being emitted out of the affected area due to some other causes. To effectively eliminate the mold outbreak, you should get the services of a certified mold inspector to conduct an authentic and unbiased mold inspection.
- Mold Analyzer: For a more accurate mold inspection results, it is advisable to get the services of a professional lab. There are actually a number of lab experts that are qualified to conduct the mold test and determine its root cause. Depending on the type of mold problem that you have, you will either get an analysis or a visual inspection. If you want a mold analysis, you should have it performed by a professional lab that uses state-of-the-art mold analysis instruments and techniques.
- Petri Dish Imager: Although there are different types of mold testing kits available in the market, one of the most reliable is the petri dish imager. This is a type of mold testing kit that is able to detect micro-organisms through its infrared technology. It is very useful in detecting various kinds of molds such as food, water and human feces that originate from animals or plants.